|¾ lb.||thin asparagus, trimmed|
|2||large handfuls arugula|
|1 t.||red wine vinegar|
|1 T.||whole-grain Dijon mustard|
|1/3 cup||good olive oil|
|2 oz.||fresh goat cheese, crumbled|
1. Cook asparagus in a pot of boiling water, seasoned with salt, for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain the water and run the asparagus under cold tap water to stop cooking.
2. Dry the asparagus completely on a kitchen towel, then slice into one inch pieces and combine in a bowl with the arugula.
3. In a small bowl whisk together citrus juice, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until fully combined.
4. Pour vinaigrette over the asparagus and arugula, toss to coat.
5. Top salad with crumbled goat cheese and serve.
This recipe is a great way to enjoy green vegetables in a new form. Like any salad, you can add or subtract what you would like. I would recommend adding the tomatoes if you like them, they added an additional flavor that we enjoyed.
This salad is a cinch to prepare. It took about 20 minutes to prepare all of the ingredients during naptime, then about 2 minutes to combine at dinner time.
My daughter has not yet developed a taste for asparagus, but that is OK with me. I think she will learn to like it in the next few years. In the mean time, my husband and I plan to eat this quite often this summer!
Printed from: http://www.thenaptimechef.com/2009/05/napping-in-green-stalks/