Cooking on "Bridge Street", WSYR-Syracuse NY
Thank you for tuning in to “Bridge Street” on Channel 9-WSYR, Syracuse. For those of you who didn’t see the show yet, I’ve posted a clip below!
First, click here to Sign up for my free weekly newsletter,“Naptime News.”
Best Ever Shrimp Scampi
|½ c.||olive oil|
|1 ½ c.||unsalted butter|
|1 t.||freshly parsley, cleaned and chopped|
|1 ½ t.||dried basil|
|1 t.||dried oregano|
|1 ½ t.||Kosher Salt|
|2 T.||fresh lemon juice|
|2 T.||dry white wine|
|1 lb.||linguine or any long strand pasta|
|32||shrimp, pre-cooked (figure about 8 shrimp per person)|
1. Preheat oven to 450. In a shallow baking dish arrange the shrimp tails up, so that they are evenly lined up and nestled in. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over medium flame heat the olive oil. Press the garlic cloves through a garlic press and simmer gently in the olive oil until softened and fragrant. About 1 minute.
3. Then, add the butter, chopped parsley, basil, oregano, salt, lemon juice and white wine. Allow butter to melt and cook sauce for 3 minutes over medium flame.
4. Pour some of the sauce over the shrimp until all the shrimp are well coated and the bottom of the pan is totally coated. Place pan in the oven and cook for 5 minutes.
*If preparing ahead place the shrimp with butter sauce in the fridge and cover with plastic. When ready to cook, remove plastic and place pan in the oven and cook for 8-9 minutes. Butter sauce can also be placed in the fridge in a covered container and rewarmed prior to serving.*
5. Meanwhile, while shrimp are in the oven, boil pasta in salted water until al dente. Drain, place it in a bowl pasta bowl and toss with remaining butter sauce. Once shrimp are cooked arrange them on top of individual portions of pasta and serve hot!