I love the holidays and everything about it. As you can see by my homepage, I’ve been doing lots of Christmas cooking and baking. The season puts me so in the mood for sweets and over the top fun treats.
Earlier this month Rice Krispies and The Motherhood contacted me about participating in the Rice Krispie Treat Recipe Box Challenge and generating a Rice Krispies Holiday Themed treat. I jumped at the chance since I love working with both companies. I was even more excited when they told me I could giveaway a $100 Visa Gift card, see official rules below. My goal was to do something create something fun and wintery, but make it manageable enough for me to do with my daughter.
Since we decorated our tree last week it seemed fitting that we do a tree themed treat. I made some cone shapes out of heavy construction paper and stuffed them with the warm Rice Krispie treats. Then I let them cool into shapes before setting them up in a field of marshmallow snow. Then we used some tubes of icing to make green stripes and decorate them with cinnamon candies. It was a simple and fun project that made a delicious wintery treat for the whole family.
How will you get creative with Rice Krispie treats this season? Do tell. Share a comment below and follow the rules below to enter to win a $100 Visa Gift Card courtesy of Rice Krispies!
1. Leave a comment telling me your favorite ways to get creative with Rice Krispie treats.
2. Contest runs from December 15th at 10:00am ET through December 21st at 11:59am.
3. You may only enter the contest once.
4. Winner will be selected by Random.org on December 22d.
5. Winner has 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen.
6. THEMOTHERHOOD HOLIDAY RICE KRISPIES TREATS EXCHANGE BLOGGER GIVEAWAY
Abbreviated Rules. No Purchase Necessary. Begins no earlier than 12:00:00 AM (ET) on 11/29/10 and ends no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 12/21/10. For complete Official Rules, go to http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/motherhoodholiday
Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: TheMotherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com
I was compensated to participate in this challenge by The Motherhood and Rice Krispies.
Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
|2||bags puffed marshmallows|
|2||13 ounce boxes of Rice Krispies|
Fun Holiday Decorations
1. In a large stockpot melt the butter and marshmallows. Pour in the rice krispie treats and stir well to combine.
2. Make cone shapes with construction paper in any size. Larger cones for large trees, smaller cones for small trees! Use any leftover treats to make snowballs or snowmen!
3. Allow the treats to cool in the cone for at least 2 hours. Then cut the construction paper off the treats and set up the trees.
4. Use the green icing to decorate the trees along with all your fun candies. Enjoy!
Naptime Recipe Serving ideas
These are super fun – dress them up!
15 minutes for the treats, plus cooling and decorating time.
Kids love a great Christmas tree decorating party. Why not make a whole forest?!