As I told you last week, gnocchi is one of our favorite weeknight meals. Homemade gnocchi — both ricotta and potato — can easily be made during naptime and is so easy to cook up right before dinner. Sometimes I simply buy frozen potato gnocchi and combine it with a really great sauce. With a leafy salad on the side it is a complete meal and even fits nicely into my commitment to meatless Mondays (even if it is not Monday, we eat meat-free at least one day per week)!
This week I am teaming up with Bertolli to talk homemade gnocchi and sauces. They recently sent me this amazing homemade pasta kit and a gorgeous Creuset dish for making gnocchi. When it came in the mail I got right to work on their fabulous recipe for Gnocchi with Two Cheeses and Walnuts. We loved it! I’ve made homemade gnocchi before, but this little machine made it so much easier than the old method I used. I whipped up the dumplings during naptime and for dinner all I had to do was toss them with an easy Bertolli sauce to make the perfect weeknight meal. I promise you, dear readers, I will always be honest with you about products and this Bertolli sauce really was terrific. I often make sauces from scratch myself, but this one had tremendous flavor from the olive oil and garlic, without being overly sweetened and artificially flavored. Bertolli is well known for their commitment to sourcing amazing Italian ingredients and it shows here. I don’t know of another company that could properly produce a jarred olive oil sauce.
To properly compliment their sauces Bertolli suggests serving Barbera wine. I am not very familiar with it so I was glad to see this video and encourage you to watch it:
I am so pleased with how our rich baked gnocchi meal turned out and enthusiastically recommend it to everyone. I also highly recommend that you enter this awesome Bertolli giveaway for your own chance to win a terrific gnocchi and sauce kit from Bertolli!
The Bertolli pack includes:
- Bertolli coupon for a FREE sauce product
- Gnocchi Maker
- Gnocchi Board
- Le Creuset Au Gratin Dish
To Enter to Win:
1) Leave a comment describing your favorite make-at-home Italian-style meal.
2) For a second entry visit the Bertolli Facebook fanpage and up share a tip, story, recipe or photo from your favorite region in Italy. You do not need to have traveled to Italy to enter!
3) Sign-up for the Naptime Chef newsletter (upper left hand corner)
4) Like The Naptime Chef on Facebook.
5) Contest runs from July 23rd, 2011 at 6:59am through Saturday July 30th at 7:00am ET.
* This giveaway is being run independently. I received the pack from Bertolli on their dime and the winner must be located in the U.S. The opinions expressed about the recipe and Bertolli products are entirely my own.