As you may remember from last week, this is my second post for the American Express Dinner @6 Giveaway! Today I am talking about my favorite way to prepare snow peas. I like to cook them for a very short time and blanche them almost immediately. Then I toss them with some salt, olive oil and toasted sesame seeds for a perfectly light and tasty summer vegetable side dish.
This post is officially my last call for recipe entries, see the guidelines below! Stay tuned for next Monday when I announce the winner and give you one final summer recipe!
Here are the guidelines for entering to win your very own $600 American Express Giftcard:
1. Leave a comment sharing your favorite summer vegetable side dish recipe that contains 6 ingredients or less. It does not have to be a formal recipe format, just tell me casually how the recipe works and what is in it.
2. Sign up for The Naptime Chef newsletter (upper left hand corner of this screen)
3. Like The Naptime Chef on Facebook.
4. Read the below information about the new American Express Blue Cash Cards
5. Entries can be submitted from July 18th at 6:59am ET through Sunday July 24th at 11:59pm. The winner will be chosen and posted on Monday July 25th at 12noon ET.
6. Yes, salt and pepper count as ingredients.
7. Contestants may submit multiple recipes!
Snow Peas with Sesame Seeds
|2||cups snow peas|
|1||tablespoons sesame seeds|
|¼||cup olive oil|
|1||pinch kosher salt|
1. Cook the snow peas for 2 minutes in boiling water and plunge them into an ice cold water bath to blanche them and stop the cooking.
2. In a small skillet toast the sesame seeds until lightly golden then add them to the snow peas. Toss in the olive oil and a pinch of salt and serve!