I am so excited to be teaming up with Lawry’s and The Motherhood on a cool contest with Lawry’s seasonings. I’ve always enjoyed using Lawry’s on meats when I cook and this time our team of six was challenged with thinking outside the box on ways to use Lawry’s products. Julie of Dinner with Julie, Denise of Wholesome Mommy, Tricia of Once a Month Mom, Debbie of Debbie Does Dinner Healthy, Jane of A Mom’s Take and myself put our heads together to come up a great everyday meal using Lawry’s seasonings and marinades.
Be sure to check out the awesome recipes for Strawberry Salad and Jack Chicken on my teammates blogs!
A Mom’s Take – Strawberries & Balsamic Herb Salad
Julie and I worked on the zucchini fries recipe and had a blast developing it. We focused on flavoring our zucchini by mixing the panko with the Lawry’s salt, then baking it until everything was nice a crispy. It was a deceptively simple side dish that everyone loved.
To help you all join in the fun in cooking with Lawry’s here is a great giveaway for 1 bottle of Balsamic Herb Marinade, 1 bottle of Seasoned Salt Marinade and 1 jar of Seasoned Salt:
1) To enter leave a comment sharing your favorite dish to make with Lawry’s products.
2) Like The Naptime Chef on Facebook.
3) Sign up for The Naptime Chef newsletter on the upper left hand corner.
4) Contest runs from August 12th at 7:00am to Monday August 22nd at 11:59am.
Lawry’s Baked Panko Zucchini Fries
|1||cup panko bread crumbs|
|3||teaspoons Lawry’s seasoning salt|
|1||cup all purpose flour|
|2||medium zucchini, cut into french fry strips|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Stir together the panko with the Lawry’s salt and place the mixture on a shallow plate. Place the flour on a separate shallow plate. Pour the beaten eggs into a bowl.
3. Dip the zucchini sticks in the flour, followed by the eggs mixture and, finally, the panko bread crumb mixture. The bread crumbs should completely coat the zucchini.
3. Place the coated zucchini on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.