Apple Sour Cream Loaf & King Arthur Flour Giveaway
Today I am working with my friends at King Arthur Flour to do a fun fall baking giveaway and to talk quick breads. As you know, I am huge fan of quick breads. I love making them for school snack, serving them up on weekend mornings, and taking them to friends just because. What is not to love about a slice of warm bread with a cup of hot tea on a chilly fall day?!
This cozy bread is a current favorite because it is full of ripe apples, a touch of sour cream, and a generous pinch of cinnamon. They are some of our favorite fall flavors, especially to combine with apples. To help you get in the mood for fall baking our friends King Arthur Flour have put together a great baking package for you including:
1 Loaf Pan
1 package of Vietnamese Cinnamon
1 bottle of vanilla
1 coupon for free all-purpose flour
You supply the apples and sour cream and your cake is practically ready!
To enter to win this King Arthur Flour package:
1) Leave a comment sharing your favorite fall quick bread recipe.
2) Subscribe to The Naptime Chef newsletter (upper right hand corner)
3) Like King Arthur Flour on Facebook
4) Contest runs from October 24th at 7:00am through October 31st at 7:00am. Winner to be announced in November 1st newsletter. U.S. Residents only please.
(Disclosure: I was provided the same prize pack as I am giving away. The recipe, photographs, and opinions are wholly my own.)
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, peeled and shredded, about 1 cup
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
- 2. In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then beat in the sour cream, the eggs one at a time, and, finally, the vanilla extract. Stir in the apples.
- 3. In a small bowl whisk together the baking soda, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Fold the mixture into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- 4. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour to 1hour 10 minutes, or until the top springs back when touched and a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.