Fall Spiced Rubbed Steak on the OptiGrill & Giveaway
We love grilling even when the temperatures begins to drop. However, we do draw the line at grilling when there is actual snow outside. Since the move our grill has been sitting in the basement. We plan to get it out again soon, but that is pretty far down our to-do list at this point. Instead, as luck would have it, I was sent a new OptiGrill in the mail to try at home and that is what we have been using. It ideal for indoor grilling any night of the week. I find it especially easy since it means I don’t have to run outside and light the coals while I juggle the kids dinner time as well.
The nice thing about this awesome piece of machinery is that not only does it grill meats, frozen chicken (you don’t have to defrost it!) and fish, it is also great for vegetables and pressed sandwiches. It is like a grill and sandwich maker wrapped into one. With the cold months coming up I can already see myself using it frequently for easy weeknight meals. It also takes the guess work out of grilling which is something I always worry about. The technology is such that I could put a hamburger patty on the grill and press “medium rare” and it does all the work. Once the meat is perfectly medium rare I am alerted that the burger is ready. So simple!
To test this out the other night I made a simple spiced rubbed steak. As you know, I am not a huge steak eater, but this simple spiced rubbed version was just perfect served over a salad with a glass of red wine. I made up the rub with some simple spices from my cabinet and popped the meat on the grill, pressed “medium”, and a perfectly moist was ready in no time. There was no marinating or waiting, just easy food.
To get you in the mood for indoor grilling this winter T-Fal is giving away an OptiGrill to one lucky winner! To enter to win:
1) Leave a comment sharing what food you would like to grill indoors this winter.
2) Subscribe to The Naptime Chef newsletter (upper right hand side)
3) Subscribe to Kelsey Banfield on Facebook
4) Contest runs from October 22nd at 7:00am through October 29th at 7:00am. Winner will be announced in the Friday November 1st newsletter.
U.S. residents only please for shipping purposes.
- 2 steaks about 1 ¼-inch thick steak
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pat the steak dry. Rub the coffee and ginger together in a bowl and rub them all over the steaks. Grill to desired doneness!
(Disclosure: The OptiGrill was sent to be by T-Fal for review. The opinions and photographs are wholly my own.)