Easy Salted Caramels + KitchenAid Mixer Giveaway
My favorite thing about Christmas is the sweet treats. Every year I look forward to assembling our cookie plate, making fudge to give away, and baking for friends and family. Today I am thrilled to be partnering with Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk to discuss easy recipes for holiday sweets and to give away a brand new KitchenAid Stand Mixer to one lucky winner!
I am a big fan of using Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk to make holiday treats. The recipes that they have are fool proof and everything tastes amazing. This week I made two of my favorite recipes of theirs to demonstrate how easily everything can be made. First up, my daughter and I made their Chocolate-Peanut Butter Holiday Fudge. This luscious fudge was a snap to pull together and was perfect for our recent holiday dessert plate. It was so much fun to help my daughter take the whole recipe from start to finish. It reminded me so much of learning how to bake at my mother’s apron strings!
Next, my daughter asked to make elected to make caramels since they her “most favorite dessert ever.” As most of you know, making caramel is not the easiest of recipes but this method worked beautifully. Adding the condensed milk was ideal because it reduced the cooking time and added just the right amount of sweetness. A little sprinkle of salt on top and they were all set to be wrapped and gifted. In fact, this recipe was so easy I can already see us starting a new yearly tradition of making these together.
To help sweeten your season Eagle Brand is generously giving away a brand new 4.5 quart tilt head KitchenAid stand mixer and an assortment of Eagle Brand Condensed Milk products to one lucky reader. Yay!! Even better, now through December 14th you can visit Eagle Brand on Pinterest and re-pin your favorite recipes for a chance to win over 100 great prizes, including a mixer and an assortment of terrific holiday baking essentials! Remember to #SweetentheSeason !
To enter to win:
1) Leave a comment sharing your favorite holiday baking memory
3) Subscribe to Kelsey Banfield on Facebook.
4) Subscribe to The Naptime Chef newsletter (upper right hand corner).
5) Contest runs from . U.S. Residents only. Winner will be notified in the xx newsletter. If the prize is not claimed within 48 hours it will be awarded to another person.
(Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Eagle Brand Condensed Milk. The photographs and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make The Naptime Chef possible.)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 14-ounce can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Sea salt
- Prepare an 8x8 glass dish by spraying it with cooking spray and lining it with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan bring the sugar, corn syrup, and ¼ cup water to a boil. Whisk continuously at medium high heat until it turns an amber brown color, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the condensed milk. It will bubble and froth as you add it in. Continue to whisk well. Return the pot to the heat and clip on the candy thermometer. Stir until the mixture reaches 240 degrees F. Then remove it from the heat and pour the caramel into the prepared pan.
- Allow the caramel to cool and sprinkle it with sea salt. Then, place the dish in the freezer to chill. Run a sharp knife under hot water. Remove the caramel from the freezer and slice it quickly into ¾-inch squares. Wrap in wax paper or eat the squares immediately. Enjoy!