Beer Battered Cod, Avocado & Bacon Tacos
Pairing up with my friends at Sea Cuisine to talk all about fish tacos was a no brainer this year. I adore tacos (who doesn’t?!) and their recipes for getting them on the table with minimal fuss and maximum flavor are perfection. Last week I talked about the classic Baja fish taco. I have never been to the Baja peninsula, but if the fish tacos are that delicious I’m putting it next on my destination vacation list. This week we are highlighting another family-friendly recipe that is perfect for weeknight meals or casual weekend entertaining.
What I like about this taco is that the flavors meld so beautifully. The cod tastes exactly like it came out of the deep fryer – except it is way healthier. The heavy bacon and fish is cut perfectly by the onion vinaigrette and creamy avocado. If you don’t have avocado, try using a dollop of fresh guacamole! This easy-peasy meal is perfection for your family this spring. Dig in!
(Disclosure: This post was sponsored by my friends at Sea Cuisine. I believe in their product and mission. The opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make The Naptime Chef possible.)
- 2 Sea Cuisine Beer Battered Cod fillets
- 4 (7") multigrain or flour tortillas
- 3 cups spring lettuce mix
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 strips cooked bacon, diced
- 3 tbsp. Vidalia onion or Italian vinaigrette
- Cook Beer Battered Cod as package directs. Break into chunks.
- Warm tortillas on grill pan or skillet. Top with lettuce, avocado, bacon and cod. Drizzle with vinaigrette.