Phoebe’s Peanut Butter Soba Noodles with Chicken
The best and worst think about the food writing world is staring at amazing recipes and food all day. My friends and favorite writers are constantly thinking up new and amazing dishes. I try to Pin them all with the hopes of making them someday but there is never enough time! Last week I finally tasked myself with making Phoebe’s amazing peanut sauce. It has always been high on my to-do list and I was totally craving an Asian-inspired noodle dish so it was finally the perfect time to give it a whirl.
Since Phoebe is gluten-free she uses gluten-free noodles to make hers. I opted to use Soba noodles since I love the flavor and texture and never use them enough. I also added sliced cooked chicken to my dish, along with minced scallions, cilantro, mint, and chopped peanuts. The result was a bowl filled with a range of flavors and textures; each bite more satisfying than the next. Now that I’ve made this once I plan to fold it into my regular rotation this summer. There are so many more ways I could adapt it! It would be great with crunchy lo-mein noodles, thinly sliced peppers, chopped cashews, and so much more. If you make it at home let us know what you add!
Adapted from Feed Me Phoebe
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon siracha
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 package soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 scallions, light green and white parts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- To make the sauce: In a small food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients for the sauce along with ¼ cup warm water and puree until smooth. If it seems to thick, add a little more water 1 tablespoon at a time to thin out.
- To make the noodles: cook the noodles according to package directions and drain. Toss the noodles with the vegetable oil, peanut sauce, and chicken. Top with the scallions, peanuts, cilantro, and mint. Serve.